It occurred to me yesterday that I’m turning 37 this year.
37 sounds like a Godforsaken number. Ya, ya, I know the alternative is a big ole dirt nap, but let’s face it- nothing about the sound of 37 is sexy.
I was bemoaning this fact to my friend at lunch today while we were digging into our plates of green stuff. Healthy eating 2014 started 6 days late for us, but hell, we are doing it.
Back to 37. 37 sounds weird. Sounds old. Sounds odd. I really don’t like the way it makes me feel deep down in my stomach. It makes me feel…. OLD.
Snap out if it Grigal. Get over it. You are entering into your 37th year and you have the ability to do something with it. While I was driving home from healthy lunch, I decided I’m going to do 37 things this year that I’ve never done before. Of course, because I’m me, and I need to share, I decided to document them and then along the way, write about them.
Here is the list of 37 things I’m going to do in this, my 37th year.
1. Pick a color and finally paint my bedroom.
2. Take 37 Yoga classes
3. Do a 10K
4. Go to the top of the Stratosphere
5. Have a champagne picnic at a park.
6. Go to the dentist
7. Road trip to someplace I’ve never been before
8. Eat oysters by a body of water
9. Bottle feed a baby calf
10. Downsize my butt
11. See a concert outside
12. Plant a vegetable garden (and not kill it)
13. Start and finish a knitting project for me
14. Disconnect digitally for 72 hours (no cheating)
15. Gamble on an Indian Reservation
16. Make a new friend
17. Drink a cup of coffee in the French Quarter
18. Pay a big bill off
19. Go 24 hours without cursing once
20. Paint a picture
21. Visit a family member I’ve not seen in at least a year
22. Take a picture every day for a month
23. Go to the Drive-In movies
24. Go to a museum that I’ve not been to before
25. Paint the trim in my den. Scratch that- repaint the entire den, from top to bottom.
26. Spring and Fall Clean my house and get rid of stuff each time.
27. Go to four different churches
28. Ride my bike to downtown Arlington and have a drink.
29. Take a golf lesson
30. Volunteer out in the community at least 6 times.
31. Give blood (if I can)
32. Go 5 days without spending a dime on anything
33. Play Euchre
34. Ride a horse and/or a tractor
35. Throw a summer solstice party
36. Read 37 books that I’ve not read before
37. ____________________________________________________________ Open to suggestions.