Greetings and Salutations.
My friend Leslie gave me a book for Christmas called “52 Lists for Happiness” and I decided to parlay that into a blog project of sorts. Additionally, I have created a self-mandate to blog at least once a week on Sunday, and I’ve already #bigly failed at that, so I decided to write this grammatical nightmare of a sentence and work on a list. WHOA. HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. Next blog post “why I should never write for a living.”
Today’s list “Things That Make Me Happy.”
- George, the dog is less awful than he was 2 months ago. I mean, there is absolute progress. In fact, he was almost awesome today. I say almost because while talking to my buddy John this morning, a fire truck drove by. Every dog in the neighborhood started barking. George, my half basset/half lab dug deep inside himself and started this slow, horrible howl song that made me actually yell and him and say “STOP THAT OH SWEET BABY JESUS DONT LEARN HOW TO HOWL.” But ya, he is less awful than he was before. To see more of Georges adventures, why not follow me on Instagram and keep up with the #dailydogjeffersons antics. http://bit.ly/instakatethegreat
- I love cozy pjs. Soft, cozy pjs. I’m rocking some amazing leisure wear tonight and that makes me happy.
- I do believe I have perfected the Zehnder’s buttered noodle recipe. It’s really not complicated, but it’s cozy and delicious and probably reason #459 why I am the size of a small planet. What is Zehenders you ask? I feel like that should be it’s own blog post, but for right now, read THIS.
- I purged my closet (again.) I know what I have, what I am likely to wear and have a big pile of clothes ready to go be donated. If I keep passing this stuff by, there is literally no point in keeping it. PLUS, my closets are not big enough to have a wardrobe of multiple sizes/seasons/clothes that I may or may not ever wear again. Plus, I need to shrink my ass out of these clothes and then treat myself to new things. So ya. Um. Purged my closet today.
- Slug Sundays are my favorite. Minimal human interaction. Unapologetic naps. Cozy clothes and yummy food. Naps. Did I mention naps?
- Friends. Duh. As Bette would say “you’ve got to have friends…”
So, friends, random strangers from the Interwebs and those who quietly consume what I read, but never pick up and call… WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?