I wish I had something grand and fanfreakingtastic to expound about. I don’t.
Instead, I am sitting here, already whipped and it’s 7:15am.
Sleep has been insanely bad lately. I don’t know whether my bed needs to be replaced, I need new pillows, or perhaps I need to find a super duper sleeping pill that will shut my brain DOWN for 7 hours. Seriously, 7. That’s all I’m asking for. Is that so much?
At the top of the month, I joined a mini quest to complete 100 Miles this month. 100? Am I batshit crazy? Ya, I think so. The upside of the challenge is that it’s getting me moving. The downside is that I feel like I have a major major weight on my shoulder to complete. I’ve got 74 miles to finish by the end of the month. It could happen. I hope it happens.
Have I mentioned how freaking tired I am? I just can’t get my brain to shut off. It’s so aggravating. I’ll be fading into sleep and all of a sudden I start thinking about a conversation, an email, or something I meant to do and I’m wide awake.
Coupled with this lack of sleep, has been the appearance of a not-so-wonderful stomach week. I went about 6 weeks without any issues, and for that I’m grateful, but this week has been hard. I’m sitting here right now, wondering what dare I eat, and is this pain going to continue throughout the day, or will it hopefully pass in an hour or so. I should probably go back to the doctor, but I know they are going to just pump me up with more steroids and perhaps try another suppressant. Today is going to be a saltine/tea and patience kinda day.
- I’m trying to get out of town for a mini break. Not yet sure where I’m going to go, but I like the idea of taking a day or two to shut the heck down.
- I was able to spend time with a dear friend from school days yesterday. She has four of the cutest kids in the world- every time i see them, they just make me so darn happy.
- Gus is responding particularly well to his NSAIDs (or whatever you call them.) He has much more energy, and is back to minor counter surfing.
- My office is actually an actual workspace.
- I’m trying to work on patience this week. Trying.
So there you have it, the useless thoughts bouncing around my mind. Sure there are bigger things cannonballing in my head right now, but a girl gets to have a few secrets, right?